Friday, November 30, 2007

A few announcements!

I'm almost off to the second weekend of shooting. I'm just waiting for the pogos to be ready for the props in tonight's diner scene. Before I go though, there are a few little things that i want to announce.

Last night, I was reading the recent posts on the Montreal Knits forum. There are two young women who are working really hard to prepare for the opening of their yarn shop in St-Henri. That's right! There will be a new place to buy yarn in Montreal! There really aren't that many places for knitters and crafters in this city, so i'm pretty excited! Here's a link to their webpage:
http://www.ariadneknits.com/. They don't have that much up yet, but it all looks very promising. I also lived in St-Henri for about 6 years and so I miss it dearly and always like to have a reason to go and visit the old hood.


The second thing that I wanted to mention is that the Yarn Harlot started a group last year called "Knitters Without Borders". I think her brother or brother-in-law (sorry) is a doctor that works for Doctor's Without Borders, and he was helping families who were affected by the Tsunami last year. She asked knitters to donate a sum money to the KWB instead of buying that skein of yarn that just might sit in their stash for too long. She posted some other reasons to donate throughout the year. She calculated all the donations this week and came up with 434 439.41$. That's a lot of money that can buy a lot of building materials, food, clothing, and medicine for people who very badly need it. I'm just amazed at the generosity of teh knitting community. You can see her blog on the sidebar of my blog.

Also, I wanted to tell you guys about a great stitch and bitch that I went to this week with my friend Bridget (who's become a knitter in the past few weeks. Yay! I finally have a friend who knits. The friend knitting wave begins!). It's in a really cute store in Montreal on Parc Ave. (above Fairmount ) called Wooden Apples. It's packed with so many beautifully crafted objects. The owner is the sweetest girl who just moved down here in June. I really reccomend checking it out for Christmas gifts and some personal treats. The Stitch and Bitch is on every second Wednesday (the next one is on Dec.12). She also mentioned that they offer workshops on felting, knitting, crocheting and sewing. Very interesting indeed! I'll put up some photos very soon since I got to go back to get my scissors that I forgot there. Here's a link to her site: http://www.atelierwoodenapples.com/


I'll soon put post up about what's happening with my christmas gifts. I'm having a couple dilemas with some patterns. So keep your blog ears open for that upcoming news! I'm running a little late now!

No comments: